Carle, Christie Clinic offer Medicare Advantage answers, education
Learn all you need to know about the Medicare Annual Election Period (AEP) at “Wellness, Fun and Medicare 101” from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, October 5 at the administration building at Carle at The Fields at 3310 Fields South Drive, Champaign.
The free event by Carle and Christie Clinic features health screenings, demonstrations, a light lunch and much more.
- Local community resources and SHIP (Senior Health Insurance Program) information
- Flu shots from Walgreens
- A virtual aging experience demo from Clark Lindsey and Urbana Park District
“The morning features health, wellness and Medicare information paired nicely with socialization, music, food and fun,” Health Alliance Community Outreach Manager Terra Mullins said.
“Having information from healthcare providers and community resources in one place is so helpful, especially this time of year when people receive a lot of information about Medicare.”
The Medicare AEP, when most people with Medicare make decisions about their healthcare coverage for the following year, begins Oct. 15 and ends Dec. 7.
Speakers at the event are:
- Kathleen Collins, MD, Christie Clinic, “Annual Wellness Visits and Medicare Considerations”
- Jennie Hsu-Lumetta, MD, Carle Champaign on Curtis, “Primary Care Doctors Working With and For You”
- Jennifer Mohr, RN, Health Alliance, “Navigating Your Health with Care Coordination and Medicare Advantage”
- CRIS Healthy Aging Center, “Local Resources and Help Paying for Things Medicare Does Not Cover”
To learn more, please visit carle.org/medicare101.
For information about 2020 coverage, please:
- Call Health Alliance at 1-888-382-9771
- Go to HealthAllianceMedicare.org
- Contact your local agent
- Visit Health Alliance Connections, 3301 Fields South Drive, Champaign