2016 Carle Salvation Army Toy Drive
CONNECTED THROUGH GIVING
For 32 years, Carle has partnered with WDWS/WHMS/WKIO radio station to bring holiday cheer to local children through the Salvation Army's Toy Shop.
But we haven't done it alone.
Thousands of people in the community have stepped up to give of their toys, their time, their money and even their talents - and we want to celebrate that.
New this year, our theme is "Connected Through Giving." Together, we can collect more gifts. Together, we can provide for local children in need. And together, we can make a bigger impact.
From November 21 - December 16, help those in need by dropping off any new, unwrapped toys and gifts for children through age 12.
Salvation Army's goal again this year is to provide more gifts for kids ages 9 through 12, an age that often gets overlooked because they’re harder to shop for than small children. Check out the toy suggestions below for unique gift ideas for our older kids.
Last year, we collected nearly 2,600 toys and $3,900 in monetary donations. Let’s join together and see what our efforts can do this year!
- Carle Foundation Hospital Main Lobby, 611 W. Park St., Urbana (off of Orchard St.)
- Carle Tower Main Lobby, 611 W. Park St., Urbana (off of Church St.)
- Carle South Clinic Lobby, 602 W. University Ave., Urbana
- Carle - Champaign on Curtis, 1701 W. Curtis Road
- Carle - Champaign on Mattis, 1802 S. Mattis Ave.
- Carle - Champaign on Kirby, 1813 W. Kirby Ave.
- Carle - Urbana on Windsor, 1818 E. Windsor Road
- Carle in Mahomet, 1001 Heather Dr.
- Carle in Rantoul, 1540 E. Grove
- WDWS/WHMS/WKIO, 2301 S. Neil St., Champaign
- Health Alliance Medical Plans, 301 S. Vine St., Urbana (inside Lincoln Square Village)
Donors can also bring gifts or monetary donations to Carle's all-day drive-thru toy collection on Wednesday, December 14, at Carle - Champaign on Mattis, 1802 S. Mattis Avenue. The collection will run from 7 a.m. - 6 p.m., with Lite Rock 97.5's Mike in the Morning giving away fun prizes to our first generous donors.
TOY DRIVE PARTNERS
TOY & GIFT SUGGESTIONS
|For young kids||For older kids (great need for ages 9-12!)|
What not to buy/give:
Classic board games, used stuffed animals or beanie babies, candy, stocking stuffers, "fake" or generic Barbies, play dough, glue crayons